Regular mopping will usually keep the tile clean but the entire floor will take on a grimy look once the grout gets dirty. Grout is porous so dirt and mold get absorbed into the grout making it really tough to clean. If you are a Davie homeowner, cleaning grout and tile floors is probably one your least favorite household chores. You may be tempted to hire someone to do it or just skip it.
If you decide to take on this tough task here are a few professional tips.
- Use a flat head screwdriver to remove any damaged grout.
- Use a squirt bottle for rinsing and an old towel.
- Cleaning tile can be tough on your knees be sure to us knee pads
- Avoid abrasive cleaners that can scratch the tile like Comet or Ajax, try a vinegar and water solutions instead.
- Try using an old toothbrush for scrubbing the grout lines.
If that all sounds like too much, http: give us a call today.